Will the progress save if i change from pokemon UM to US?

So,your good ol’ me decided to get a Rayquaza, after the net told me that it could spawn if you have a groudon and “Da other one”,I can get Kyogre easily,but the Groudon?Let’s just say,i never played US,so now i ask,is there a way to import save files from UM to US without a 3DS?
Or will i have to not sleep for another Two days?

See if just copying the save file to the other game works.