Windows 11 and Yuzu

I have a couple of questions about that.

Will yuzu need to be re-optimized for windows 11 to run properly? What will it look like for people who want to stay on Windows 10? Will Windows 11 be a new system requirement for yuzu to work? Should you update to Windows 11 as soon as it becomes available or should you rather wait and stay with Windows 10 until Windows 11 becomes more stable through updates?

New Nvidia GPU and AMD GPU drivers for Windows 11 will come out too. How will it be with OpenGL and Vulkan?

It will certainly take time for yuzu to run properly on Windows 11, right?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

There’s zero information of kernel changes on Windows 11, so there’s not much to do for now. Besides, Visual Studio handles most of that anyway.
Graphics drivers most likely won’t change at all, as most improvements are Direct3D exclusives.

2 Likes

Then we just have to wait and see what will happen with Windows 11 in the future
I just wanted to bring it up and hear what the yuzu support had to say about it.

Anyway, thanks for your answer

I update Windows 10 to Windows 11 Dev and I didn’t see any Yuzu changes.

MSI Z490-A Pro (BIOS Update for 11th Gen CPU Support)
11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz
MSI GeForce RTX3060 Ti VENTUS 2X OC 12GB
HyperX Fury, 2x16GB DDR4, 3200MHz CL16

1 Like

Windows 10 will continue to receive updates until 2025. So if you don’t want to update and want to stay with Windows 10, you can wait until the end of 2025. From 2026 onwards, Windows 10 will no longer receive updates.

1 Like

I want to test Windows 11 and I will stay with it till next Windows XX, and I want Android app support to get sooner on Windows 11.