Wireless(Bluetooth) Xbox Controller not recognized by Citra

Issue: Hi there! My Xbox 360 bluetooth controller is recognized by my Macbook Pro, but Citra doesn’t recognize it when I go to configure it.

Thanks for your help! I’ve been reading other posts and the nightly 1587 version is working for me so far. I haven’t played much to be fair. :grin:

Please let me know if I left anything out, it wasn’t meant to be careless, first-time poster here.

System Information

• Operating System: Mac OS Big Sur 11.2
  • CPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB*
  • GPU: 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1587 (the latest version was giving me trouble)
  • Game: Fire Emblem
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log

citra_log.txt (104.0 KB)

1 Like

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1587 HEAD-bd7ee8c
Operating System                              macOS 10.16
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             AMD Radeon Pro 450 OpenGL Engine
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

Does that mean I should delete the opengl file? I’ve seen that as a solution for other things…it’s probably not related to my controller, right?

1 Like

Nah, it’s just the bot giving a generic warning about the depreciated OpenGL Driver that AMD distributes.

You may need to track down and install a driver for the Xbox controller though, as I don’t believe Mac OS has any support for X-Input devices. A few sources say that there is no support at all for these devices in Bluetooth for Big Sur, so you may instead need the official wireless adapter. I can’t test, unfortunately.

This is a rabbit hole I’m a little familiar with in the past week! Big Sur is ok with some Bluetooth controllers(at least my xbox model 1708) and I’ve been able to map this controller specifically with other emus (OpenEmu/Dolphin). My old driver did get rejected since the Big Sur update so I’ve had to change from wired to wireless. Womp womp :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It might be a bit nutty, but if you have steam installed, try adding Citra to steam and launching it through steam. You need to make sure that xbox controller support is enabled for steam as well. Sometimes it helps force support to work on some apps for windows, might help solve your problem, at least temporarily until someone more experienced can help ya out.

1 Like

And how would I do that? :grimacing: I haven’t intentionally used steam with a controller yet, but it has inadvertently recognized it when I was trying to run Dolphin, so that’s a good sign…

This

Then just launch the game through steam. If steam is already recognized it, then you shouldn’t have to do anything else. Try to rebind your controls when you get into citra.
If it still doesn’t work, you may have to setup steam to convert inputs to keyboard keys. I’ll get into that if we need it lol