Wont install or run any game

Issue:
citra wont install cia and when trying to run.3ds files just get black screencitra_log.txt (27.1 KB)

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1865 HEAD-6cc3468
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce 940MX/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            456.71
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [ ]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Have you installed many .cia before? If yes, then it might be this:

It’s recommended to have the games in .3ds or .cxi formats and reserve game updates & DLC for .cia

Not on this computer no. And that wouldn’t explain citra not running .3ds files and just showing black screen anyway

Service.FS core/file_sys/ticket.cpp:GetTitleKey:50: CommonKey 0 missing

If you are trying to install encrypted CIAs you need to provide the AES Keys from your console.

Also…

Installing D:/MHXX_ENGLISH.cia…

Make sure you didn’t apply the v4 English Patch as it’s broken. Get the v5 patch from the following link and apply it to a clean dumped ROM by following the guides tywald provided above https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

yeah i thought of that however when i installed it on my potato laptop it did it but the laptop is too old and slow to run at full speed

:warning: Your log was deleted due to potential piracy. We don’t support illegal activities. Please dump the game from your console and then upload another log if the issue persists.

:warning: Your log was deleted due to potential piracy. We don’t support illegal activities. Please dump the game from your console and then upload another log if the issue persists.