X-Box controller isn't working (anymore)

Issue:
Hey all! So I ran and updated Citra nightly to the newest version after a month or so untouched to try out a game but my X-Box controller doesn’t seem to be working anymore, I tried to follow the advice of posts where people had a somewhat similar problem like deleting qt-config.ini (didn’t help) and remapping controls again (Citra didn’t recognize my inputs, expect for Left and Right Trigger for some reason?). I tested my controller too on games outside of Citra and on the SDL2 gamepad tool and it works fine there. Downgrading Citra didn’t help either. I’m pretty confused haha can someone help me out? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

System Information

  • Operating System: Windows 11
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U
  • GPU: AMD Radeon™ Graphics
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra nightly 1822
  • Game: N/R
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): N/R

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (22.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1822   HEAD-ae3d50f
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics          | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.1
Graphics Renderer                            AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
GPU Driver Version                           21.40.46 30.0.14046.0
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

  • Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

Hey all (again)!

I seem to have found a solution and wanted to share it just in case others have come across an issue similar like mine. So what seemed to help (for me) was uninstalling my controller through “Device Manager”, the name of my controller was “XINPUT compatible HID device”. Then reset the PC and it worked again for me! :tada: