xBRZ freescale Texture Filter functions improperly when using custom textures

During spring to early summer this year I made custom textures for this game and they haven’t been loading properly since July when I updated Citra, and possibly earlier. I messed around with settings until I figured out that the xBRZ freescale texture filter causes abnormal texture loading. Switching to any other filter and restarting the emulation will result in normal texture loading.

xBRZ was working properly when I made the textures back in March. I don’t know exactly when the filter stopped working properly but very likely somewhere between April and July.

System Information

  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel i7 5820k
  • GPU: GTX 970
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1786
  • Game: Ocarina of Time 3D (NA & EUR)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

xBRZ texture filter ON:

No texture filter:

Diagnostic Log
Not necessary as it’s not a crash

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

This is a known issue. It was introduced when something else was fixed. Our custom textures implementation is in desperate need of an overhaul, and it’s on the roadmap as far as I’m aware.

Ah, wonderful. Thanks for the reply and thanks to everyone working on this project, you’re all outstanding!

1 Like