Xenoblade Chronicles 3D audio stuttering

Issue:
The audio stutters like crazy when I try to run this game, even from the opening cutscene. Overclocking and underclocking seem to help, but I’m not sure. The game crashed near the end of the prologue, but that may be because I was experimenting with the clock while a cutscene was running. Are there any settings I can tweak to make the game run smoothly with my current machine? Thanks in advance.

System Information
Citra Version: Nightly 1754 | HEAD-54a36bc
CPU: AMD A10-9700 RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G | AVX2 | FMA

Diagnostic Log
citra_log backup.txt (3.9 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1754   HEAD-54a36bc
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          AMD A10-9700 RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G  | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           460.89
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. Official Drivers | NVIDIA

Have you consider running the game on other emulator such as dolphin? i think you will have a better experiance there visualy :wink:

To be perfectly honest, Dolphin runs even worse on my PC, but I’ll give it a try, sure. Do you think my specs would fit the Wii version?

Dont know to be honest… It was just a tought… im not so good with specs etc… But there is a version of dolphine that is better 9on lower end specs cant remeber its name tho

This is an emulation issue from our end. The short explanation is that the game requires “something” to be implemented graphics wise, but what exactly that is is still unknown. Because those graphics features features haven’t been implemented yet, the game runs poorly. Sorry for the inconvenience.