Xenoblade chronicles definitive edition graphical glitch

Hey guys,
I have a weird problem with xenoblade definitive edition on yuzu. The characters, npcs and enemies do not render properly. Everything else(roads, sky, grass etc) is proper.

System specs:
intel i3-5010u 2.1ghz
8gb ddr3 ram
nvidia gt 820m (2gb vram)(I’ve also created a 15000mb pagefile)
windows 8.1
I’m using opengl ( vulkan not supported on my laptop)

I know its a very low end laptop( that probably is the reason for the glitches) but I’m getting 15-18 fps with little to no lag (Not exactly playable but enough for me). So I’m hoping something else might be the problem.

Ryujinx runs the game with no graphical glitches but at 8-12 fps.

Setting gpu accuracy to high doesn’t help.

Here’s my log file:
yuzu_log.txt (608.4 KB)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu Early Access 2448
Operating System                             Windows 8 Version 6.2 (Build 9600)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5010U CPU @ 2.10GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                            GeForce 820M/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           391.35
CPU Accuracy                                 Unsafe
GPU Accuracy                                 Normal
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [ ]
Async Shaders                                [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. Official Drivers | NVIDIA
  • Enabling Async GPU emulation is recommended as it can improve the performance of many games.

Also I can’t update my graphics driver coz gt820m has reached EOL(end of life) meaning it’s no longer supported by modern drivers

Several things to improve:
Update to Windows 10/11, to get support on the last driver for your GPU, that’s needed for proper rendering. It will also increase your CPU performance in yuzu by 30-50% thanks to better memory management.
Then update to the last supported driver for your GPU: Geforce Driver Results | NVIDIA
Disable synchronous shader building, and enable asynchronous GPU emulation.
Set CPU accuracy to auto.

There’s a mistake on the nvidia website. The last supported driver is 391.35 itself(already tried installing 425.31).
I can try updating to win10 if it’ll boost yuzu performance

Applying the other settings you mentioned doesn’t help.

Anyway, thank you for the tips, I’ll see if upgrading to win 10 fixes the issue.

1 Like

I tried pkmn legends Arceus and it has no graphical issues which is strange considering the release dates of the 2 games.

Hey… I know it’s been a while but I finally fixed the graphics (partially)
I downloaded a mod that removes anti aliasing, went into the config file (“lib_nx.ini”) and turned 3 options off (AA, lut, shadow cloud) and it worked! Enemies, structures and npcs render perfectly and cutscenes are much more bearable. The main charecter still glitches while moving but it’s less noticeable. The game is much more playable now.

Great find!
Thanks for reporting it.