Year for Android release

Year and Year is going and no idea about the preparing a android emulator .WHY? At least tell about the date or year of launching a emulator for Android.Will it is possibility of coming citra on Android.

Chill dude. Maybe in the next 5 years or so? Citra is still having problems even in high-end computers, it can’t run all 3DS games currently because it’s still in development. Imagine it in android devices?

hi!
Dont forget one thing: having an emulator fonctional like this one and for a video game console currently supported , is already reallly great progress and awesome Candy for everyone!
BUT, its normal that it cant be made/compatible with everything… and Android support would ‘‘fun to see’’ but far from being a priority since it works pretty good on Windows.

Also, if you want you can stream Citra to your Android device (even if its low spec) by using your pc’s wifi or by usb tethering, and using the program ‘‘SpaceDesk’’ , as shown here: HOW TO - Use your smartphone as a touch screen for citra

have fun!

Maybe 2025 to 2030 as estimated

Possibly never. An Android port of Citra wouldn’t run Homebrew at more the 1-2 FPS.

Reasons

• Citra requires some really advanced graphics systems, which are present in PCs, but not on Android devices. While Citra can be ported, only the most high-end phones have the capability to run a Android port. Details below.

• Also, the CPU JIT Citra uses doesn’t support ARM CPUs (which most devices use), so speeds will be really low.

Overall, it’s not worth the effort to support Android/iOS. Also, Citra is an open source project. Developers aren’t paid to work on it. They work on whatever they like. And no one is interested in undertaking this job. If you have coding experience, you can try. No one’s stopping you.

Full Details on Graphics

Citra uses an OpenGL 3.3 graphics core. But OpenGL, let alone 3.3 isn’t supported on any Android device. They use something completely different, known as OpenGLES. It’s a monstrous task to port Citra to OpenGLES, but even if it was done, it would need a minimum of OpenGLES 3.1 (I’ll verify the version number). Very very very few devices support that, so just not worth it.

Thanks for reading & good day.

Android upgrade
Support for latest Androids 6/8GB RAM

Its already out!!! 5 years who was the dumb that said that :rofl:

Working at 22 fps first build!!! I have on my cellphone oneplus 6snapdragon 845

Idiot!!! Its already out!

lol its not going to get full speed for quite a while either for all those reasons adit mentioned. citras been “building” on android for years, but no one wants slow gameplay on citra. and instead of rushing a build to market like that citra on android is, we’d been taking the time to make it faster first.

Yeah, that’s a very recent event. At the time I posted that, no Android version was expected to be seen in the foreseeable future. Somehow, this came as a (pleasant) surprise.
Still, the Android version is unofficial, and hence unsupported currently.

Now it’s come you must support for development for citra android emulator because it’s working at 22fps and y were saying that it will not work even 1to 2 fps .So at least now you must try to develop citra.Thank You.

Thanks for the post
Very must thank you because I was waiting for citra on Android for 3 to 4 yrs and I was loosing hope because the developer was saying it was impossible or after 10 yrs so thank you.

I can explain what it’s doing & why, but that would involve a hell lot of technical stuff.

@BreadFish64 helped speed it up by making the CPU JIT (dynarmic) work partially on ARM devices (specifically AArch64).

All I did was shove the dolphin emitter into dynarmic’s codebase… the ARMv8 backend is not functional and won’t be until after the android frontend is shipped.