Yo-kai watch issue

Issue:
Yokai watch works at full speed but bugs at the school entrance, when you enter the school the picture freezes the sound continues to play and if you move back to outside the school you can hear the background music change which means the game is actually playing it’s just the picture that’s frozen, i don’t quite know when this problem started as i haven’t played this game on citra for about 6 months but this wasn’t an issue on older versions.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: intel i5-4210U
  • GPU: Intel HD graphics 2000
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): canary 1023
  • Game: Yo-kai watch
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (82.2 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Disabling ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ will likely fix this issue, but it will degrade performance, try it first. you can also try this nightly build and see if ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ works.

also download and install the latest driver for your GPU. (and test the latest canary again)

1 Like

this is a specific canary only issue. using the latest nightly should work just fine

To bio3c:

• Disabling ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ worked ! but the frame rate went from 30 to 17 fps.
  • The nightly build you suggested (august 2nd) is the perfect answer for my problem there is no bug and no slowdown (and without disabling hardware shader) Thank you very much for your fast and accurate answer.

To jrowboy:

• nope latest nightly has same problem ( nov 1st) thank you anyway.

hey @tywald, the AMD hack seems to work for many intel users.

citra_log.txt (88.2 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1644 HEAD-2d972f9
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                 Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N2940  @ 1.83GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.5161
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

Hey I am also having problems . I have started playing it now only but when we got to defeat mismeralda and got to befriend three more yokai the lens just shows one picture where it starts and freezes although you can move the lens and detect yokai but I can’t just see the yokai
Please help

Please create your own support topic with this template completely filled out:

Issue:
System Information:

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
  • Upload the citra_log.txt file from this thread by dragging and dropping it here as a file attachment.