You guys probably get this alot but

Issue:
I have tried everything, changed nvidia settings and what not but Monster Hunter 4 runs at 15-22 fps out of 60 from the moment i start it making it unplayable because the whole game looks like its going in slow motion, also can’t get Pokemon Sun to stabilize, this is less of a problem but, I’m starting to think there might be something wrong with the update or my sytem in general, cause I will eat my hat if it’s my hardware, if anyone has any idea what to do for this problem i would much apreciate your support.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10, version 1709, OB 16299.431
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,5GHz
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 OC
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly | HEAD-7861be6
  • Game: Pokemon Sun and MH4U (especially the latter)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    Untitled|690x372

Use Canary version of CItra. It uses the GPU for vertex shaders now which should give a boost performance. Keep in mind it can be less stable than Nightly.

Could you tell me how that works? It gives me a .tar file if I remember correctly and I looked around but Got no idea how to make it work

EDIT: click on the cat instead of the windows sign, got it.

UPDATE: Using the canary version really boosted it up, its now 45-60 fps, still weird it actually slows down the whole game if it goes down, but i take it that’s just how it is?

The speed is tied to the fps, so to have 100% speed in this game it needs to be at 60fps.

The 3DS does have some kind of automatic frameskipping when I observed on my O3DS using the frame counter plug-in on NTR CFW and it shows about 34fps in Val Habar but the speed is at 100%.
However Citra doesn’t emulate this behavior.

But we aren’t running on 3DS hardware on our computers so I don’t think this would be achieved, you will have to be patient for the emulator to continue to improve.

Thanks for the explanation, the canary build gave me more confidence in it, I’m kinda impressed already how far this emulator has gotten since I first heard of it, there were some videos online which showed Val habar on 60fps with worse hardware but I’ll take my patience and just play Pokemon