"Your GPU may not support Open GL, or you do not have the latest graphics driver"

Hi,

I recently installed citra and I opened a game. As soon as citra went black and the game was about to start, a error message poped up saying, “Your GPU may not support Open GL, or you do not have the latest graphics driver” Please help!

Windows 10
Intel Core i5 4gb RAM
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Citra 61442d6
New Super Mario Bros 2

[ 0.000000] Frontend citra_qt\main.cpp:GMainWindow::BootGame:382: Citra starting... Failed to load libEGL (The specified module could not be found.) QWindowsEGLStaticContext::create: Failed to load and resolve libEGL functions Failed to load opengl32sw.dll (The specified module could not be found.) Failed to load and resolve WGL/OpenGL functions Failed to load libEGL (The specified module could not be found.) QWindowsEGLStaticContext::create: Failed to load and resolve libEGL functions Failed to load opengl32sw.dll (The specified module could not be found.) Failed to load and resolve WGL/OpenGL functions [ 9.843734] Service.FS core\file_sys\savedata_archive.cpp:FileSys::SaveDataArchive::OpenFile:53: Non-existing file C:\Users\hseba\AppData\Roaming/Citra/nand/data/00000000000000000000000000000000/sysdata/00010017/00000000/config can't be open without mode create. [ 9.843840] Service.FS core\file_sys\savedata_archive.cpp:FileSys::SaveDataArchive::DeleteFile:94: File not found C:\Users\hseba\AppData\Roaming/Citra/nand/data/00000000000000000000000000000000/sysdata/00010017/00000000/config

thanks,
sebja

1 Like

Seems like your GPU don’t support the minimum version of OpenGL (3.3) needed to run Citra (something that the error message already told you). You can update your GPU driver and try again, if it’s still not working, bad luck

Everything that @lg_0 said is correct, however, the maximum possible OpenGL version on Intel HD Graphics 3000 is OpenGL 3.1, which means you will need to upgrade the GPU.

These errors are also not normal, this can happen if you have any 3rd party GL hooks running with Citra (Fraps, Dxtory, MSI Afterburner).

Hi,

I checked Intel’s website and I attemped to install the latest driver for my computer, but when I was about to install it it said the version I was installing was older than my current one. Please help!

Then your GPU isn’t able to use the minimum OpenGL version needed. You can buy a new GPU (if you’re on a desktop PC) or give up (if you’re on a notebook)

You’ve got something weird going on there with your devices OpenGL implementation. Regardless, as others have said, your device’s GPU is too old to support Citra.

1 Like

Intel HD Graphics 3000 does support OpenGL3.3, but only on Linux. I’ve Ubuntu as my secondary OS, and it can run very well on it. So the graphic card does have the capability to use OpenGL3.3, but Intel doesn’t make the driver for it.
However, I recently found out a way to overcome this: I use a pre-built version of Mesa (a open source driver), force Citra to use OpenGL3.3, and it worked! Works with both Canary and Nightly builds now!.

How much FPS are you getting?

It depends on the game that I play, but is not really great. Usually it just 14-20FPS, and the speed can be painfully slow on some games.
4GB RAM and “forced” OpenGL3.3 just barely pass the minimum requirements, so it’s not optimal. But at least it can finally functional.

1 Like

That error shows up if you have a different version of the Intel GPU driver installed. Make a system restore point, uninstall your current GPU driver and install the new one.

Can you explain it simpler.

It depends, what hardware are you working with exactly?