"Your GPU may not support OpenGL 4.6" when attempting to open Pokémon Sword

I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and lost several relevant .dll files in the process, which prevented me from opening Yuzu (though I was able to run Yuzu again after reinstalling it). However, the GPU error message popped up when I tried to enter Pokemon Sword. I’m wondering why this is happening, since I was able to play Sword before I reinstalled Windows (~7 hours ago). Citra had similar issues, but it seems to work now that I’ve deselected accurate multiplication and reinstalled a graphics driver.

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHz
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
  • Yuzu Version: 660
  • Game: Pokémon Sword

yuzu_log.txt (7.8 KB)

Intel HD 4600 only supports up to OpenGL 4.3.
Source: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005524/graphics.html

Maybe you also have discrete graphics like Nvidia? Check Device Manager under Display adapters. One of my laptops with i7-4710MQ has GeForce 840M so maybe yours hopefully has something similar.

I do have an Nvidia driver installed (NVIDIA GeForce GT 745A). Is there some way for me to use that driver for Yuzu instead?

Open Nvidia Control Panel then in Manage 3D settings, set preferred graphics processor to Nvidia.

1 Like