Yuzu blackscreen

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 420             . HEAD-mainline-636-3618-g6b7e539cb
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G7 CPU @ 1.20GHz | AVX512 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics
GPU Driver Version                            27.20.100.8190
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Black Screen and Sound is in Game Movie, Yuzu Mainline dosen’t have NVDEC, only Yuzu Early Access has NVDEC to see in Game Movies, only option is press A, B or Start to skip the movie and play the game without Movies.

Make sure to use the latest GPU driver version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29957

Already did. Same issue. I just installed the older driver since most people say it will give me better performance. Any more tips?

Well, according to the log, either the game doesn’t work yet due to shader issues in yuzu, or it just hates the Intel drivers.
Do you get the same result in Vulkan? I heavily recommend the latest driver for testing in Vulkan.

1 Like

yuzu_log.txt (37.5 KB)
Hi Yuzu,
I got the same issue, game fully functional but black screen.
How to solve the black screen issue, I am new here.

Thanks
Jn

Client Version                                yuzu 438             . HEAD-mainline-636-3740-g94c65f8c7
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version                            23.20.16.4973

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Install new GPU Driver.

1 Like

Thank you
I had to manually uninstall my driver and reinstall it manually and it worked. The exe installer for the Windows DCH Driver didn’t want to install so I had to use the Zip File.
Now it worked.

2 Likes

Same issue yuzu_log.txt (461.9 KB)

Client Version                                yuzu 488             . HEAD-mainline-636-4116-gf7d88bc47
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor          | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            460.79

yuzu can’t read the game version, this means that you either have yuzu open twice (reboot to confirm it is closed and try again), or your game dump is damaged.

Hello, I also see just a black screen at game start when using Vulkan. Opengl does work fine, but quite slow. The log is flooded by a warning.

yuzu_log.txt (78.0 KB)

Client Version                                yuzu Development Build HEAD-mainline-636-6824-g41ddf7f14-dirty
Operating System                              Ubuntu Impish Indri (development branch)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz | AVX2 | FMA
RAM                                           15.17 GB
Pagefile / Swap                               5.00 GB
Graphics API                                  Vulkan 1.2.168
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2)
GPU Driver Version                            Intel open-source Mesa driver 21.1.4
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
CPU Multicore                                 [x]
Async GPU                                     [x]
Async Shaders                                 [x]
CPU Accuracy                                  Accurate
GPU Accuracy                                  Normal

Client Version                                yuzu Development Build HEAD-mainline-636-6824-g41ddf7f14-dirty
Operating System                              Ubuntu Impish Indri (development branch)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz | AVX2 | FMA
RAM                                           15.17 GB
Pagefile / Swap                               5.00 GB
Graphics API                                  Vulkan 1.2.168
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2)
GPU Driver Version                            Intel open-source Mesa driver 21.1.4
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
CPU Multicore                                 [x]
Async GPU                                     [x]
Async Shaders                                 [x]
CPU Accuracy                                  Accurate
GPU Accuracy                                  Normal

The Vulkan ANV driver is not stable yet for yuzu, stick to OpenGL for now.

Thanks for the reply. I’m a bit surprised by your statement since, for example, ANV Vulkan works very nicely with CEMU emulator under wine. Why is it different for Yuzu?

thank you

Most likely some of the extensions and features we use haven’t been extensively tested yet on it. yuzu is very agressive with any new feature added that is beneficial for our use case.

Hello,
I am experiencing a similar problem. No matter which game I attempt to load, the screen stays black, but the music starts to run normally and I can actually control the menus just fine, just no image. I used to play without any issues a couple of months ago but for whatever reason it doesn’t work anymore. The exact same thing also happens with the Citra emulator as well, so I figured it might be a driver problem but my graphic drivers are all up to date, so I can’t figure out what the problem is.

Here’s the log files for both emulators just in case. I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this.
yuzu_log.txt (407.5 KB)
citra_log.txt (425.6 KB)

Laptop with dual graphics, make sure the driver of the Intel integrated GPU is up to date: Intel® Graphics - Windows® DCH Drivers