Yuzu crash during gameplay

Hi everybody,
I have a problem with Mario Kart 8 deluxe and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, these games sometimes freeze during gameplay and after a few seconds, the emulator crashes, the log file show me this line:

“Render.Vulkan video_core\vulkan_common\vulkan_device.cpp:ReportLoss:750: Device loss occured!”

YUZU 1010 version
CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz
RAM 16gb
GPU Intel iris xe graphics with the lastest drivers available (30.0.101.1994)

I have already followed several tutorials on youtube and internet, but without solving.
can anyone give me some suggestions? thank you very much and sorry for my bad english

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

A device loss is the GPU driver pulling the plug for some reason. Try updating to the latest yuzu verison (you’re a month behind), or playing the game in OpenGL instead of Vulkan.

first of all thanks for replying, i have already tried to play with OnenLG but the graphics were bad, worse than before.
anyway i just updated yuzu, i will try it for a while and then I’ll let you know.

1 Like

For igpu you’d want to stick to using vulkan. Intel igpu has pretty terrible ogl support.

Hi, I update you on my problem, I was playing Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury right now, and unfortunately yuzu keeps freezes and after 10 seconds it crashes.
This is weird, because yesterday night I played without any problem.
The only thing I have change is the game resolution, I set 0x75, this because in docked mode higher resolutions make my game quite laggy.

Here my yuzu log file:
yuzu_log.txt (1.4 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1051
Operating System                             Windows 11 Version 21H2 (Build 22000.708)
CPU                                          11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz | AVX512 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.212
Graphics Renderer                            Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
GPU Driver Version                           Intel Corporation 101.1994
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 Normal
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Welcome to experimental emulation.

Excuse me for a moment, I state that I’m not completely new to the world of emulation and seeing an emulator that crashes for no apparent reason, prompted me to ask for support here.
Also in the game compatibility list it says this game should work perfectly !! which means it should work without bugs or crashes, of course it doesn’t.

It’s experimental emulation? I agree, but reading “works perfectly” and the emulator crashed I thought it was a problem with my settings, if it’s as you say (and it’s at this point), something else had to be written, what do you think?

however as it is experimental emulation, we are just wasting time talking about “my” problem, yuzu will work better with future updates and improvements.

To the user who replied and told me to update, thank you very much for your help, you were very kind.

I didn’t mean to make you upset. It just happens to be the nature of the emulator. You can do absolutely nothing and sometimes emu update / staying behind on yuzu versions can break things. The compatibility listings are going to be reworked in time as they do not always reflect the current state of a game.

I see…if you had answered me like this immediately, I would have avoided answering badly.
At the beginning your answer sincerely left me speechless…put yourself in my shoes, read one thing and then is another, what was I supposed to think?
Let’s go back to my problem, if I can’t do anything else it doesn’t matter, we’ll see if there will be improvements in the future.
Thanks for your time

1 Like

I don’t know if its just My emulator, but i have Noticed that EVERY time there is an Update for Yuzu that comes out AFTER you have already started a game, then the game will crash. You will have some early warnings like Frame Skips or lost FPS in areas that you have had no issue in before. If you see anything like that, Just save and Restart.

1 Like