Yuzu crash with Vulkan

Hello;

Issue:
Yuzu crash after a while when playing with Vulkan.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Ryzen5 3600
  • GPU: GTX 680
  • 16g RAM 3200Mhz
  • Yuzu Version: 738
  • Game: Monster Hunter stories 2, Hyrule warriors,etc

Diagnostic Logyuzu_log.txt (226.9 KB)

Open Gl doesn’t seem to crash, and i also noticed that My yuzu is not using my ram first, i mean it use like 7-8g ram, but use like 15-17g of Virtual Mem idk if it is normal.
Ho and when it crash i notice a jump in V MEM from 15g to 22g instant.

I’m lost, ty for your time :slight_smile:

Kepler GPUs don’t have the best Vulkan driver, I would stick to OpenGL.

Well another reason to hate my life and gpu prices cause I have rly better perf on vulcan when it doesn’t crash ^^

And the ram and V MEM behavior is it normal?

On par for what I’ve seen from Kepler on Vulkan so far, so yeah.

I mean it does the same thing with open gl, exept it doesn’t crash as fast, instad the pagefile uses grows slowly, to the point that i have to restart Yuzu :s

Hmm, strange. It shouldn’t be that aggressive.
How long does this usually take to happen?

Last time i tried, i’de say between 30mn and one hour, the game start around 15g Vmem use and start going crazy above 21g, Tried to stupidly increase the page file to 32g but same issue, same numbers. i also noticed that when i stop the emulation but i dont close yuzu, a big part of the Vmem used while playing is still “loaded” until a close yuzu

The Stop issue is known, I recommend to just close yuzu. But the pile up is interesting, I guess it could be the particular engines those games use.

Yeah Rly weird, anyway, i just gave up to this lol, i will come back if i’m able to find a decently priced gpu :slight_smile:

Ty for your time, have a great day!

1 Like