Yuzu Crashes upon clicking on Smash Ultimate

So, I been using Yuzu for months yet recently I cannot open Smash Ultimate. Upon clicking it, Yuzu crashes, closes without a single error or anything, and even when I right-click to open properties it crashes/closes again. It was working fine before, but it seems like a possible update might’ve messed it up. I can open other games and play them but that. Smash worked previously, even with updates/DLCs. No matter what I do Yuzu just keeps closing on me.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Can you try right clicking it and selecting remove everything? Back-up your save if needed.

I did remove the DLC, and set it in a different folder that wasn’t mods. Doing that fixed the game. Apparently, putting the DLC in the mods folder caused it to crash somehow, but if I set it in a entirely different folder it loads with the DLC still. Got it working now. Bit odd that the DLC folder itself cannot be in the mods folder. Seems like certain DLC for Smash makes Yuzu crash if it’s in the mod folder. No idea why. I’ll attach the log at least cause I still don’t understand how I fixed it. At the bottom is does state some errors it seems.
yuzu_log.txt (189.4 KB)

Use File > Install to NAND for updates and DLC.

Did that. Forgot the files needed installed, not put into the mods folder. Smash does work now with all DLC.

1 Like