Yuzu Crashes Upon Launching A Game

So, since yesterday I have been having the most bizarre issue with Yuzu since a update with it that it crashes the moment I click a game, and it goes to the launch screen just to crash without giving me a error or anything. I even tried a fresh installation of Yuzu, but it still doesn’t wanna launch games, it just crashes. I got no mods, no updates, still crashes at launch. Installed a game update, it still crashes. No matter what game I try to launch, it crashes. Really unfortunate since I been wanting to play Brilliant Diamond for awhile.

yuzu_log.txt (12.6 KB)

1 Like

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1079
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1766)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.205
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 516.59.0.0
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

516 series drivers are known to break Vulkan support on Pascal and Maxwell GPUs.
Revert back to 512 drivers for now: GeForce Game Ready Driver | 512.95 | Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11 | NVIDIA

Unfortunately, I’m unable to revert my drivers back due to another game, a JRPG, I play that requires the recent updated drivers for Nvidia. Suppose I will just have to wait for the drivers to become compatible with Yuzu in future updates or wait for another Nvidia update at this point.

We’re investigating the cause, meanwhile, you can use OpenGL.
516 seems to improve SPIR-V a lot, so you have 3 options available instead of the previous 2.

OpenGL crashes for me too. I cannot launch any game period, so I got no idea what in the world is going on with Yuzu for me. I tried launching every game I got including Brilliant Diamond. Just tried. So, this is quite the weirdest thing. Goes to launch then closes.

I have also encountered this situation please try to delete the main configuration file qt-config to see if YUZU crashed I solved the crash like this last time

Sadly, that didn’t work for me period. Still crashing on launch for both Opengl and Vulkan. Just tested it.

This is indeed particular to your gpu generation. You’ll have to wait to see if nvidia hopefully fixes it or if we end up having to make some form of workaround. Clearing a config file won’t help like @gbqgbq keeps advising :stuck_out_tongue:

I tested the latest version of the driver for Normal 516.59

Suspect that there is a problem with the driver installation or a problem with the system version because it is a clean installation method to install the driver

System version 21H1 WIN10

I also don’t rule out crashes caused by hardware performance differences

My graphics card is 960GTX fully normal driver is 516.59

Yes that generation of gpu will have issues with newer driver. You’ll want to stick to earlier driver until nvidia fixes it or yuzu devs implement some form of workaround.