Yuzu Crashes when Trying to Get to the Isle of Armor

The first time it crashed when trying to catch Slowpoke, then when updating the Pokedex at Armor Station and this time crashed at the loading screen when going to the Isle of Armor. I haven’t gotten further than that because it crashes every time.

yuzu_log.txt (2.5 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 611             . HEAD-mainline-636-5282-ge292aa4f6
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
RAM                                           15.80 GB
Pagefile / Swap                               10.50 GB
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            457.71
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
CPU Multicore                                 [x]
Async GPU                                     [x]
Assembly Shaders                              [ ]
Async Shaders                                 [ ]
CPU Accuracy                                  Accurate
GPU Accuracy                                  High

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I also have not installed any mods

I fixed the problem by disabling multicore cpu emulation. It’s going at 20 fps plus-minus 5 fps, but at least it works. It hasn’t crashed so far. Nope, it still crashes. Just not immediately after I enter the Isle of Armor. Now it just keeps crashing after I beat Klara.

Update GPU driver to the newest version 466.27.
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/174665/en-us

You really should install yuzu mainline 482. This is before the texture update in yuzu.

If yuzu still crashes after disabling multicore, the reason for this could be because of the texture update.
Pokemon sword or Pokemon shield is, in my experience, more stable without this update

Thank you, this worked! It still crashes now and then but I can make progress if I save regularly.

1 Like