Yuzu crashes when using Vulcan

Yuzu crashes when i am trying to use vulcan with any game. It crashes immediately, open gl is working but i have poor performance on it.yuzu_log.txt (4.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 394             . HEAD-mainline-636-3519-g37a2ce933
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Phenom(tm) 8650 Triple-Core Processor
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Your log gets cut before showing the GPU information.
What’s your GPU and on what driver version are you? If you have problems getting this info, post me a log file using opengl.

i am using r9 270x and it is on the latest optional driver

yuzu_log.txt (20.0 KB) here is log on open gl

Client Version                                yuzu 394             . HEAD-mainline-636-3519-g37a2ce933
CPU                                           AMD Phenom(tm) 8650 Triple-Core Processor
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
GPU Driver Version                            20.9.1 27.20.12029.1000

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

now i am installing latest update

still nothing
i need help with that

Where are you getting your driver from? That one is very old.
Make sure to get 20.9.2 from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-270x
Then post me a log trying to boot in vulkan.

i already installed the update and i think the log file look same as with older driver. vulcan:yuzu_log.txt (4.0 KB) opengl:yuzu_log.txt (21.7 KB)

it cuts the same way with new driver soo idk what is a problem

Just noticed it, my bad.
You will not be able to go further with only 4GB of RAM, specially with multicore enabled.

so i need at least 8gb ram?

Yes, 4GB is what needs to be mapped as emulated RAM, is what the Switch has, and you need more for the rest of the emulation process + Windows and your running apps in the back.

I am also having this issues while trying to run SMO 1.0.0 with Vulkan. It was fully working up until yesterday then stopped when relaunched hours later.

When clicking the game title in Yuzu launcher with Vulkan as the graphics driver, Yuzu freezes and stops responding. When trying with OpenGL, the game will open, but performance is poor as well (AMD Radeon 5500 GPU).

yuzu_log.txt (32.8 KB)

Client Version                                yuzu 398             . HEAD-mainline-636-3523-gaea17c240
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

You seem to be using very outdated drivers.

There are no updates available for my drivers - 19.30.03.05 shows as the current version and can’t find anywhere that says otherwise unless I try 3rd-party. I am running Windows on Bootcamp 16in Macbook Pro - these are the drivers available. Just not sure why the driver would suddenly have an issue after working normally for weeks.

The log shows that there is a missing extension… is that from an outdated driver?
[ 209.989114] Render.Vulkan video_core\renderer_vulkan\vk_device.cpp:IsSuitable:504: Missing required extension: VK_KHR_timeline_semaphore
[ 209.989118] Render.Vulkan video_core\renderer_vulkan\vk_device.cpp:IsSuitable:568: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M is not suitable

EDIT:
Found a workaround to downloading a newer driver version and it is working again.

Was just going to suggest that site.
Make sure to disable graphic debugging in configuration, or your performance will be very low.

1 Like