Yuzu crashing when launching the game

Hi, I’ve been trying to play Persona 5 Scramble today, but Yuzu is crashing with no reasons. It’s weird because I played 2 days ago and it was fine.
I launch the game, it loads the shader, then black screen and after a second or 2 it closes on its own with no errors
Here is my log file, my GPU drivers are up to date, I didn’t change anything since the last time I played
yuzu_log.txt (1.3 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 377             . HEAD-mainline-636-3386-g3424360f5
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor             | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            452.06
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

The game is not playable yet on yuzu afaik.

Hmm, I’m pretty sure I launched it a couple of times during the last week with zero problems, and on youtube is full of people playing. I dunno what happened, but tonight it decided to not run the game. I should try with another game and see what happens

Tried with Super Mario Maker 2, yuzu closes while on “launching”
Here’s the new log
yuzu_log.txt (27.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 377             . HEAD-mainline-636-3386-g3424360f5
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor             | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            452.06
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Now SMM2 works fine. P5S still crashes and don’t know why since I played this ga,e on the same version 2 days ago.
I tried it on a super old version (yuzu EA257) and the game runs. It doesn’t run well, but it runs. So I don’t know what happened

this happens alot to me as well, when i try to play pokemon sword or shield on the yuzu emulator

Support is given when we have free time, this is all voluntary work.

@DivadColdhourd Increase your page file to 25000MB, look here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-page-file-size-virtual-memory-windows
Also, we recommend the older 446.14 driver version for yuzu as it is faster and more stable than the latest ones. If you don’t mind losing performance in regular games, that can help.

1 Like

Regarding Pokémon, we are investigating those crashes, most seem to be related to multicore, or edited saves.

all i want to do is play pokemon sword and shield and the new paper mario game on the yuzu emulator, but i do not know the right settings to use at all

Thank you Golden, it works now. I increased it from 10000 (like suggested from BSoD Gaming in his guide) to 25000 and now it works. Thanks

1 Like

why is the yuzu emulator so broken for me for all the time

you have to provide your log file so that we can help you…

its been 2 or 3 years now, how come the yuzu emulator is still not 100% perfect on the games we play on it for just curious

yuzu is still in development process…
emulators can never be like consoles but still they don’t sucks…
yuzu is able to run most of the switch games perfectly and those which are not are currently investigated…
if you are not able to play for now wait for it to be fixed and for that time you can use consoles… there is nothing bad in using consoles…

It takes decades to be fully stable, not just 2 years.

I have ePSXe emulator and is still not perfect and is 20 years old, and I have PS2 and is collecting dust like my PS3 and no PS4 sad, PSVita needs a emu. that can run games, it is hard to play on hand held device and I want to play it on 1080p.

there is a emulator for the psvita but the emulator is experimental at the moment https://vita3k.org/

1 Like

I know about vita3k, I use emulators from so many years ago, and I know all the emulators that are on PC.
And I said this “PSVita needs a emu. that can run games” not that I don’t know if it has one.