Yuzu dies on game select with Vulkan

Hi, new to Yuzu - followed the quickstart guide and dumped my Switch keys, games etc.

I’m trying to load Pokemon Sword - it loads fine and plays pretty well using OpenGL but some stutters/framedrops, so I tried Vulkan. Unfortunately no matter the configuration I try for graphics the game doesn’t load at all and Yuzu simple closes when I try to boot any game. Have tried disconnecting my gamepad, second monitor, almost all usb devices, I downloaded the Vulkan 1.2 beta driver from Nvidia and installed it, restarted my computer and the issue persists. I tried to get a log after a crash but for whatever reason when it crashes my yuzu_log file is just empty, so I’ve attached one from me just opening and then closing Yuzu. yuzu_log.txt (3.2 KB)

Any help is majorly appreciated. I’m using a 2080 ti which as far as I’ve been told does support Vulkan.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try this, use the latest regular driver (446), in configuration > general > debug tab, “enable graphics debugging”. Let it crash like that and send me the log. Remember to disable that option for regular gaming as it kills performance.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, here is the new log file: yuzu_log.txt (6.4 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 287             . HEAD-mainline-636-2279-g4a06e2b3e
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor            
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
Docked Mode                                   [x]
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Nothing, exactly the same…
Can you try to clean the driver with DDU first and then do a fresh install? https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Hi, I removed my graphics driver via DDU in safe mode then reinstalled the latest driver and tried again - Yuzu crashed again without opening the game. Here is the log: yuzu_log.txt (108.5 KB)

Client Version                                yuzu 287             . HEAD-mainline-636-2279-g4a06e2b3e
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor            
Docked Mode                                   [x]

At least it can now create a Vulkan context. It is exactly the same with graphics debugging disabled, right?
You have some system wide problem affecting vulkan. Can you try your GPU, or just yuzu, in another PC?

Hi, I don’t have a second PC no but I did just try launching DOOM 2016 with Vulkan as the API and it instantly crashed so I’m inclined to believe Vulkan isn’t working at all for me. I know it’s quite outside the purview of this site but do you have any ideas as to how I can go about trying to get Vulkan working?

Ok, I’m gonna post this here just in case - no idea why this worked.

I had to delete Bandicam completely from my computer. It was a suggestion i found on an old forum thread. I don’t understand why it worked, but it did and I can now launch Yuzu using the Vulkan API. Thanks for your help Golden.

Oh and I just found out about that bug last week and totally forgot about it.
Great catch!

So, I am having the same problem with the vulkan API, I try to open any game using it, vulkan stops responding and crashes :weary:. But I never had Bandicam installed in my pc, what do I do?
here is the log

Client Version                                yuzu 405             . HEAD-mainline-636-3550-g27962dc4c
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor             | AVX2 | FMA

Download latest GPU Driver, what Graphic card you have.

And increase your pagefile to 25GB.

1 Like

Mine is a RX 570, 4GB
Where can i update these drivers?

1 Like

From hear.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570

1 Like

Have fun using Yuzu.
52 114

1 Like

Yep, it was my drivers that weren’t updated, lol
thanks a lot guys!

1 Like

Glad that it works now.
100 f529a952