Yuzu doen't load integrated xci file with command line

yuzu_log.txt (62.7 KB)

Yuzu doen’t load integrated xci file (base, update, dlc) from command line (eg. yuzu.exe game.xci)

but, Yuzu load that xci file well in QT Interfce.

I want integrated xci file for roms management

I want Yuzu command line excute for other Front-End (eg. LaunchBox)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu Early Access 2808
Operating System                             Windows 11 Version 21H2 (Build 22000.739)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           516.40
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Yuzu.exe -f -g “D:\examplegamedir\example.xci” should work fine for third party launcher via cmdline arguments

Oh you are talking about merged games and dlc and update?

it doesn’t help.
-f: fullscreen
-g: game file

that argument doen’t help this error

yes. that xci file is merged with NSC_Builder

sure, It is work well in QT-Interface and other Emulater(RyujinX)

There is an open github issue regarding that iirc already if you want me to link it Yuzu won't load DLCs if a patched xci file is used with a frontend Launcher · Issue #8352 · yuzu-emu/yuzu · GitHub

1 Like

Will be something you have to wait for emu to improve upon sadly

A compromise for now would be to just install update and dlc to yuzu normally and you can call open* base game in game directory from launcher. It’ll properly load update and dlc then.

What I have discovered in my efforts to sort out and work with this issue is that Yuzu will only load the integrated updates and/or dlcs when a) a game directory has been specified, and b) when the list of games from that game directory has been fully loaded prior to launching the integrated xci file via command line (or a frontend launcher, which is essentially how the game is being launched). Which means that the emulator will need to be launched once after each system boot and then closed after the list of games finishes loading. Then the game with update and/or dlc will load just fine - but it is a hassle to have to do that each time the system boots.

With that being said, I would like to throw in a feature request for a future update that adds a switch to the command line function allowing the user to force load any updates or dlcs from an xci without the need to load the list into memory first.

How possible is this?

And I’m sure this is not the proper way to request a feature, but if someone could point me in the right direction in doing so, I would be grateful.

Yuzu won't load DLCs if a patched xci file is used with a frontend Launcher · Issue #8352 · yuzu-emu/yuzu · GitHub In future when yuzu improves the filesystem it should fix issues like this.