Yuzu EA 1120, faster?

Hi,

I’ve been testing Super Mario Odyssey on a low-end system with the following specs:

• Intel core i7 3770 (3.9GHZ on TurboBoost, non-K)
  • PNY GT 1030 2GB DDR5 Low Profile
  • 12GB RAM

And I’m applying the following mods:

• 2x Lower Docked Resolution
  • Disable FXAA
  • Disable Camera-Blur
  • Lower Draw Distance
  • No Anti-Aliasing
  • Potato-Mod

For some unknown reason to me, I’m getting better performance on Yuzu Early Access 1120 (50-60 fps on Cascade Kingdom for example), while on Yuzu EA 1222 (the latest build I tried) I get 40-50 fps, which is noticeable.

Since Yuzu EA 1120 I’ve been testing the newest Early Access’s releases, but none equals or outperforms 1120 on my specs. What’s the cause of this?

As an aside note, on 1120 I can also run the following games above 50fps:

• Hyrule Warriors
  • Zelda, Links Awakening
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Newest Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
  • Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu (60fps inside, ~30fps outside, on newer EA builds outside is unplayable)
  • Smash Bros. Ultimate (not tested but I’m sure it will run OK because my brother ran it on another potato with lower specs than mine)

Thanks in advance

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

If you enabled threaded optimizations, try running 1222 as admin, this toggle may automatically turn off, and running with elevated access solves it.

1 Like

Awesome! That did it. I also right-clicked “Yuzu.exe” and went to “Compatibility” tab and ticked “Disable fullscreen optimizations” which gave me additional 3-4fps:

Thank you!!!

1 Like