[Yuzu has encountered an error while running the video core] in Super mario odyssey

I used to use yuzu on my laptop, but now I get this message:
[Yuzu has encountered an error while running the video core].
My laptop is the Ideapad S145, and my specs are:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500u
  • GPU: AMD Vega 8
  • RAM: 12gb 2400 mhr
  • Drivers version: AMD Adrenalin 21.5.1 (latest version)
  • Game: Super Mario Odyssey

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I forgot my file
yuzu_installer.log (23.1 KB)

That’s the installer log, not the emulator log.

Guessing without a log, but some areas of SMO require you to play in undocked mode.

yuzu_log.txt (29.6 KB)
I tried play super mario maker 2, pokemon let’s go pikachu and the legend of zelda: breath of the wild, and didn´t work.

Update your GPU driver: https://www.amd.com/es/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5-1
It somehow reverted back to an older version.

I updated the driver and found another error:
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

This happens if you check for yuzu updates after it crashes.
Go to %localappdata% and delete the yuzu folder there, then run a fresh installer. No user or game data will be lost.

now I can’t find yuzu.exe file, where is it?

Delete the empty yuzu folder too in %localappdata%, then the installer should work.

again i’m having the same error:
[Yuzu has encountered an error while running the video core].
yuzu_log.txt (21.2 KB)

Check which driver version you have installed, seems to have reverted back to an old one.

I’m using the lastest version of Adrenalin 21.5.1 for my ryzen 5 3500u :arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

CC of that part in portuguese: “AMD software and drivers are designed to work best on up-to-date operating systems. Please make sure to update your operating system before installing drivers.”

If the log complains about lacking robustness2, windows reverted the driver for you, happens to me constantly too. Go to device manager, right click the GPU, select upgrade driver manually and pick the most recent one from the list of available ones.