Yuzu not launching at all after installation

I installed yuzu today, but upon trying to open the application via the shortcut on the desktop or the application .exe itself in the appdata folder, my mouse icon turns into the buffering circle but yuzu does not open. It doesnt appear in the taskbar.
The shortcut on the desktop opens yuzu maintenance, but that closes itself automatically when showing the message “Downloading config”.
There is also no yuzu folder in the Roaming folder.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried disconnecting all USB devices. I do not have any screen recording apps installed. I do have the most recent Redist C++ installed, from the yuzu site itself. I have tried deleting the yuzu folder from the Local appdata, which I seem to need to do each time I uninstalled because the uninstallation did not delete the folder completely.

Did attempt a clean windows boot, but problem persists. Laptop specs are at the minimum requirement.

Attaching log file and one snip of the Windows Event Log for one event. There are multiple others, but unable to upload the event folder as it isnt a supported file format as an attachment here.

Please help.

yuzu_installer.log (3.3 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

The program faults the AMD driver, what’s your GPU?

AMD Radeon R5 M430
Intel ® HD Graphics 520

There are other errors in the log that show a different faulting module too, but this atio6axx.dll is the most common faulting module.

Are you running the latest version of the GPU driver?
Here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5-1

Yup that was the problem. Drivers were a few months old or so.

Thank you so much!

1 Like