Yuzu not starting up

Whenever I try to run the “yuzu.exe” file, my mouse cursor just does that loading thing, but yuzu doesn’t actually start. I tried installing yuzu using the installer, tried the manual downloads, even tried going back to a previous version(yuzu 1243 was working fine on my PC some 2-3 days ago or so), but when I deleted the yuzu files(not the files present in the %appdata% folder), and manually installed yuzu 1248, yuzu just doesn’t start anymore.

My PC has Ryzen 5 4600H processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM and GeForce 1650. I’m on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit(OS Build: 19045.2311). Previously(on yuzu 1243), I got almost a stable FPS of 30 FPS in every game I played. Therefore, I can conclude that this can’t be my hardware’s fault. This must be some software/driver fault, but I can’t figure out what is actually the problem.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

Check the task manager, see if there are instances of yuzu still running in the processes tab and kill them.

1 Like

No there was no instance. Even if I restart my computer, yuzu doesn’t start

Anyway, can you tell me all the dependencies that are required to launch yuzu? Maybe I’m missing some.

Btw, yeah, Citra, too, doesn’t start

Since you mentioned both do not work maybe see if it is something visual c redist related? Both emulators require it afaik. https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Something to generally try since that issue with broken mainline was fixed is to pull latest fresh.

Delete %localappdata%\yuzu\ folder and run installer again to hopefully sort that out.

1 Like

I have both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of this package installed. Still doesn’t work.

Also just in case it is required, I have .NET 4.7.2, .NET 4.8 and .NET 6.0 installed.

You tried the other part I mentioned about deletion and re-installation? Still same result?

Yes, did that too. No good

Check if you have a hardware overlay (screen recorder, performance graphs) that is outdated.