Yuzu or citra not launching

Hi I can not load Citra or Yuzu this morning at all. The interface just doesnt load and the service doesnt appear in the task manager either. This has never happened before.

Can anyone help me please. I have latest drivers and have I5 6600K, GTX970 AND 16g of ram and I am running Windows 10 64 bit home. Thanks for any help.

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I can not get iinto Citra to upload the file you need

Something sounds busted on your Windows installation, try a clean install.

Thanks for the reply. A clean install is something I didn’t really want to do. Is there nothing else I can do. I dont understand, everything else is loading fine on my computer. Went to bed and Citra and Yuzu not loading (either by loading manually or by auto update).

Check that you have Visual C++ 2019 redist. installed.

I’m having the exact same issue - going to reinstall Windows if it comes to it but wondering if the C++ resist fix worked for you (didn’t for me)

Maybe it was the Nvidia driver update?

Visual c++ 2019 is a dependency, if you don’t have it installed, yuzu or citra won’t open.

I’m having the same issue, I tried a clean windows and worked for 3 weeks only…

I tried reinstalling this just in case, but it still won’t launch… what other dependencies does it have?

I even compiled yuzu from source on my computer but it has the same issue

Can you post on what PC specs are you testing it?

In my case it’s a Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz / 16gb ram 2666mhz / RX 580 8gb / Windows 10 Pro 1909
And I reinstalled all C++ in this pic

Do you have any USB gamepad controller connected? Or any USB device besides keyboard, mouse and any sort storage?

Hi,

I think that’s the issue for me! I have a Mayflash PS3 adapter and a Dolphinbar on my computer. Yuzu launches fine when I unplug the PS3 adapter (the Dolphinbar doesn’t crash it). It also works when I set the PS3 adapter to Xinput mode instead of Dinput (this mode only supports one controller however).

Of course, it would be ideal if I could play with multiple PS3 controllers somehow but it’s a workaround at least. Let me know if you want any info. This is the exact adapter I have if that helps:

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/PS3003.html

USB gamepad was the problem lol