Yuzu Performance issue (Steam Deck + WIndows 10)

Hello
I wanted to compare the performance of Yuzu (Ea version) on both Aya Neo & Steam Deck.
So i install windows 10 on both devices, install Yuzu set up with same config.
WIth all Shaders loaded, Mario Kart 8 is running at 60fps 100% of the time on the Aya Neo.
On the Steam Deck , it is struggling with regular drop around 45-55.
Based on the spec, the Sgteam Deck should have at least the same performance than the aya neo…

COuld it be a drivers issue on windows 0 for the steam deck?
or the fact that im launching yuzu through Steam to make controller recognize?

thanks for your help!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

Can you try yuzu mainline appimage/flatpack on linux to compare?

For the love of god, use the Steam Deck with its stock SteamOS.

1 Like

There is still some incompatibility with the games im playing.
please let not start the "war’ on the OS… everybody can do its own choice…

It’s not a war over os. it’s just a matter of fact the designed os for it happens to work better for this emu.

The only thing I can really think of to try for your windows setup would be using vulkan and normal gpu accuracy. But the overhead of windows may hinder it more vs steamos.

Valve provides only working drivers for Windows, they aren’t tuned for performance.
It’s not an OS war, you’re literally handicapping the device.

i ve try under SteamOS, it is nearly at 60fps except in menu where it can drops to 1fps…

i did further testing, and in fact performance on steamOS are similar to those under windows 10. It cannot maintain 60fps whereas the “underpowered” aya neo can.
so there is certainly some optimisation to be done due to the RDNA2 .