Yuzu skipping frames (displaying half of the frames)

I have this problem since the release of hades, i’ve asked many times on the yuzu discord but i’ve never got an answer, and it appears i’m the only one with this issue.

During gameplay (mainly SSBU) the emulator starts randomly to display half (or less) of the frames, the game still runs at full speed and at 60fps (showed by both the Nvidia and the yuzu fps counter)

so it’s like i’m running a 30fps mod or something

it’s kinda hard to explain with words so i’ve recorded a clip of the issue happening (and also i’ve analyzed the clip frame by frame in Adobe Premiere to show the frames being doubled/tripled)

this is the link of the video: yuzu hades stutter test - YouTube

here’s also the log, but consider the fact that i had this problem with every yuzu build i’ve tried and with a lot of Nvidia drivers (now i have the most recent ones)

the log comes from my desktop but i also have the same behavior with my laptop (i7 8750H - 1060 6GB - 32GB of ram)

yuzu_log.txt (3.0 MB)

considering the fact that i use yuzu 99% of the time for Parsec Smash this is really annoying, because i cant no longer be the host with this issue

i really wanna solve this so i’m down with trying everything and do all the tests that you suggest

thanks for the help

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 953
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.194
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 511.79.0.0
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 Normal
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Some systems are more affected by bad presentation than others. It’s a known issue and we have a solution almost ready, so bear with us a bit longer.

1 Like

oh so it’s a know issue, ok perfect i was kinda losing hopes ngl

thanks a lot for the answer, i’ll wait the update

1 Like

is this the fix you were talking about?

Not only that, there’s one to reduce stuttering caused by CPU cache misses.

1 Like

this fix is not implemented yet, right?

It’s already in the latest mainline versions, but it can’t fix all games yet. Some require changes that are part of Project YFC that are in development.

mmm okok, because i’ve seen no noticeable improvement regarding my issue in the lastest versions of yuzu

Wish I’d found this post sooner. I have similar issues and had tried so many different GPU drivers and settings. I was convinced it was an problem with my setup as it doesn’t seem to be widely reported. I can rest easy now knowing it’s a known issue.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue in Super Mario Odyssey. I thought it was an issue on my end and was about to spend time trying older graphics drivers and posting here, but then I saw your post. I noticed the same thing with an FPS counter — it kept showing 60FPS even during the parts where the game stutters.

I’m glad to know that a fix is being worked on. Thank you @GoldenX86 - we appreciate you and your team’s work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

still nothing for SSBU? (regarding project YFC)

YFC isn’t done yet. Stay tuned.

1 Like