Yuzu sometimes spike memory and CPU usage with Pokemon Shield

Hello, I was trying Yuzu out and tried to make it run Pokemon Shield and Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee to see how it fares with my laptop, and for some reason it will sometimes ‘cripple’ my laptop.

I had Task Manager open to monitor CPU usage and the like. At first, Yuzu seems to run well, pokemon shield running around 30 FPSish, but at random points the CPU usage will go up suddenly to 60-90% along with the RAM, and not just making Yuzu laggy, but my entire laptop to the point that I can’t even move my mouse until Yuzu closes itself for some reason. I actually still unable to get through the first cutscene of Pokemon shield because of this. Pokemon Let’s go fares a tad better, where at least it hasn’t crashed yet, but the lag will still sometimes occur.

As far as I know, it’s probably not because of shaders, because when I restart pokemon shield, the lag starts much earlier then before. I have an I5 processor with 4Gb ram, using an Nvidia Geforce 820M as my Graphics card.

Is there a way to minimize the strain from Yuzu?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Can you list the specs of your laptop?

Model: Asus A445L
Processor: Intel Core I5-4210U
Memory: 4Gb
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 820M

Oh, I also use the OpenGL settings

Yuzu needs 8GB of RAM to properly work.

Oh, darn.

Thanks for telling me~ At least now I know what’s the problem.

1 Like

You can try increasing your page file, but we don’t target compatibility with 4GB, we need all of that just for RAM emulation.