Yuzu stops responding after selecting the game I want to load

Trying to play Super Mario Odyssey. My PC should be more than capable to run it:

Intel Core i7 7700
16gb DDR4 2666
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070.

Would greatly appreciate if someone could help!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

yuzu_log.txt (4.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 375             . HEAD-mainline-636-3386-g01f58b678
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
Use Async GPU                                 [ ]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Async GPU emulation is recommended as it can improve the performance of many games.

What game are you trying to run?

Super Mario Odyssey.

Did you dump both the base game and its update?

Not sure how to setup the update, but I extracted both files into the same folder and the update file doesn’t seem to be there.

Plus, when I add the folder its located into the game list, it doesn’t show up. It is the right format file.

It seems you’re opening the update file instead of the base.
[ 139.231172] Loader <Warning> core\loader\loader.cpp:GetLoader:253: File Super Mario Odyssey[0100000000010800][US][v262144].nsp has a different type than its extension.

Make sure you’re opening the file which has a [v0] as a part of its file name.

To install game updates, you click on File -> Install Files to NAND... and select the Super Mario Odyssey[0100000000010800][US][v262144].nsp file. Then follow the prompts and you’ll have the update installed.

Thank you very much, I’ll try that.

you also need to update your graphics drivers to the latest version…
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/162983/en-us
also do some optimization kind of stuff… by watching from the current time

In the case of yuzu, it’s best to stay at NVIDIA driver version 446.14 at the moment, newer versions after that one still have some performance regression and higher GPU usage.